posted on December 11, 2009 11:59 :: 4311 Views
Whittling is nothing more than carving wood with a knife. Some knife wielders take it entirely too seriously. If you want to take up Whittling think simple.
1. The only tool required is a pocket knife. Pastimes are supposed to be cheap and affordable
2. Okay. Why we whittle - because it’s supposed to be fun! Don’t start carving to make a buck. Just relax.
3. You should try to carry the little pocket knife a lot and whittle every chance you get - dry sermons at church or political speeches comes to mind.
4. What about the wood? You should choose a hunk smaller than the size of a bread box (hint: small chunks are good and soft wood works for those just startin' out).
5. Finally when you’re done whittling, your done! Don’t go nuts with paints or sanding and give what you whit to a little kid. Kids like trinkets which makes you want to whit again and again.
The Trout Whisperer